PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Apr 8, 2013

Dance In The Rain Layout

Good evening fellow scrappers!  Today's post consists of a page I made for Clear Scraps a couple of months ago when we did a cross promotion with SEI, but never got around to posting.

All the papers seen here are by SEI and I've used an XL Dazed Shape & an acrylic Fleur-d-Lis by Clear Scraps.

This is my little Toby as a puppy back in 2008.  He had just finished running around or 'dancing' as I like to think of it as--in a summer rainstorm with me.  It's one of my fondest memories of him as a puppy.

Dancing in at least one summer rainstorm is kind of a tradition of mine.  This was the first time I actually had someone join me!  He ran all around the backyard in his yellow slicker--chasing me around & just enjoying life & the fabulous rain.  Needless to say, I looked just as drenched as he did after it was all over.  :-)  We had a lot of fun that day...

I'm also happy to say that this was the layout that was printed in the PaperHaus Spring Issue 2013!  I was quite honored & happy to be selected along with other such wonderful talent.

The SEI papers are from their Vanilla Sunshine collection.  It's such a bright and happy collection--I really enjoyed working with it!

The lovely ruffled light blue flower seen here I bought from an Etsy shop called More Paper Than Shoes.  Anna the owner, has many absolutely gorgeous handmade paper flowers for all sorts of occasions in this shop--she does lovely work.

The vellum flowers were handmade by me & the light blue organza star flower seen in the bottom right hand corner are flowers from my stash.   I have many of these flowers in all different colors currently available in my own Etsy shop if anyone is interested.
I tucked a bit of yellow tulle from underneath my large yellow flower--right next to it is a cute little mushroom bird. 

I feel that adding a bit of tulle to your pages softens it a bit--at least this is the impression tulle gives me.


A combination of Prima & handmade flowers.  The buttons seen here are by an Etsy shop called Zeus & Zoe.  The owner Marivic has these & many other fabulous items for crafting in her shop!
This acrylic Fleur-d-Lis is one of Clear Scraps Clearly Accent Embellishments.  I've applied drops of blue & yellow alcohol inks directly onto the acrylic in order to give it a bolder effect.  I highlighted the edges with a black Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pen.
I've stamped an image by Stampers Anonymous directly onto my acrylic background with jet black Staz On ink.  As always, do remember to use solvent ink whenever stamping onto your acrylic.  Using any other kind of ink will cause your image to smear.
I've used two punches by Martha Stewart to create this border--the deep edge Scroll Heart & the Deco Fan.  I've inked the edges & dressed up the designs of the punch with dots of Stickles & Liquid Pearls.

I applied the same technique to the edge of the acrylic XL Dazed Shape in the background--I accentuated the border with a yellow Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pen & dots of blue Liquid Pearls.
As usual, I've decided to store my journaling in the form of a scroll.  I wanted to document exactly how Toby decided to 'dance' with me in the rain that one stormy summer afternoon.

If interested in how I make these journaling scrolls--you can find a tutorial here.
As you can see, I sometimes even keep the fortunes from my fortune cookies & use them as embellishments!  I was in the process of creating this layout when we decided to get Chinese one lazy afternoon.  When I got this fortune I felt it was just right for my layout--I just inked the edges & adhered it.

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!


4 comments:

Buffy Burnside said...

This is Stunning!Love the flowers and your background paper!

Cindy Gay said...

Fun background. Love all the umbrellas!

Val-Belle said...

Oh this is just beautiful. Love the SEI papers especially the umbrella one, that is one of my favourite quotes. Love the doggie pics too. A really stunning layout.

Denise Price said...

Such a pretty spring layout!