PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Jun 16, 2012

Chickadee Altered Picture Frame

Hello again fellow scrap peeps! Today I'm posting yet another picture frame that I altered many moons ago--but never got the chance to display here on my blog.

This is actually a plain wooden circular picture frame that I bought at my local Michaels that I altered. I used pink paper by Basic Grey plus beads, vines, fabric flowers & mulberry flowers from my stash.  The chickadees are actually a stamp that I colored in & then carefully cut out.  All of the edges are inked with Tea Dye distress ink by Tim Holtz.

I actually sold this picture frame in my Etsy shop some time last year.


Here's a closeup of the stamped cluster of chickadees at the bottom. I colored them in with Prismacolor markers and then added a bit of Star Dust stickles to further decorate each chickadee.

The fabric flowers & beads are actually pieces that I pulled apart from a larger cluster of flowers.  You can find these at any local arts & crafts store.  Sometimes I find them on clearance and purchase them with the intention of pulling them apart in order to decorate frames or boxes & even layouts.  I randomly added mulberry flowers here & there to further embellish my frame.

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!

4 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

It's sooo cute! Rich in color and details, yet not overwhelmed, very pretty!

Sonia said...

I have two wooden frame (bought at Walmart) thinking to do some altered frame.. You did a Super Fabulous frame, great details and love the colors and flowers.
Thanks for your inspiration.
-Sony

Sonia said...

I want to find some circular wooden frame....

FiKenward said...

Oh!!! This is so beautiful love the way you've used the birds on this.